Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Of green lights and white stripes.

This morning, the kids' alarm clock turned green (meaning it was time for them to come out of bed). Usually they pop out of their room in an instant. But this morning, when I Skyped home for prayer, they were still in their room. "I can hear them," Clerie said, "but they haven't come out. Should we go see what they're up to?"

So Clerie took me into the kids room, where the three of them were up on Jonathan's bunk, each with a book. Jonathan filled us in: "We're all reading on Jonathan's bed!" Then Addi came over and picked up the camera, my point of view swiveling around her face. Again, Jonathan filled us in: "Addi picked Daddy up."

Yesterday morning, a jack rabbit crossed my path, as I was biking along the Arroyo. Today, a cat and a skunk did the same. I'm grateful Skunks have a bright white stripe.

No comments: