Monday, September 29, 2008

Happenings

Well what's new?
I went on another scout camp, and that was fun. I have a good time with those kids. They're a great source of new jokes, you know. We did a couple of skits and played around for a bit. I played one game of "cat and mouse" with them, and I owe them some more next time. I'll have to refrain from eating so much of Buddy's amazing cooking so I can leave the scouts in the dust.
While running up the trail (you know, last one there's a rotten egg or something), I flew by our youngest scout. "That's not fair!", he said, "you're a grown up!"
As if that's my fault! I've forgotten how much fun it is to blow past twelve-year-olds. At twenty-five, it still gives me a childish ego boost.
Jonathan and I have had some fun. We're in a groove now, and he's relaxed. He gets to sleep really easily and all that jazz. He likes Grandpa Greenwood more these days. He's quite the talker, and he loves his cars.
We sang Ring around the Rosies (Here's to songs about the plague!) on the trampoline, and then I brought him inside and showed him how to do push ups.
Clerie's good. Well, actually she's freaken' amazing, but I mean she's doing goodly. She's been acting as a driver for convoys yesterday and today, which she was less than excited about. We'll see how she did next time I hear from her.

No comments: