They moved Clerie to camp Liberty today, which means she now gets to room with her friend Danelle . They're both very excited to be back with their own unit, and Clerie has fun hanging out with Danelle. I'm so happy for her!
So, Qatar. Here's a day-by-day summary of Clerie's 4-day Qatar trip.
Day 1: Spa day- full massage, manicure, pedicure, facial.
Day 2: Doha City Tour. Bought an orange and black scarf.
Day 3: Water Sports. Went swimming, jet skiing, and tubing in the Arabic Gulf.
Day 4: Quiet day to read, get my eyebrows waxed, and meet up with Burnham and Cooper. They got the full body treatment at the spa like I did the first time, this time I only got the massage and pedicure. I know....poor me :)
Day 5: Doha City Tour (again). Went to Chilis and ate a delicious dessert!
Day 6: Went to the post office, went swimming, hot tubbing, PX, Dinner at Chili's, and played darts all night.
Day 7: Went to the newly opened Museum on Islamic Art.
Day 8: Water Sports again, but this time with the boys.
Day 9: Day around the base. Met Veronica (another girl from our unit), Sent to boys off to fly back to Baghdad.
Day 10: Went to Doha City (a third time...yeah I know). Bought a gorgeous blue scarf that I'm in love with.
Day 11: Veronica went to Water sports, but I didn't want to be in the sun all day. I stayed at teh base. Watched some movies in the movie room and met up with another guy from my unit. He played world of warcraft, I played darts, and then we ate dinner together.
Day 12: Went on the inland sea picnic. Sand-duning out to the site, sand volleyball, swimming in the persian gulf, a little bit of sun bathing for everyone but me...and I did a little bit of shade bathing.
Day 13(at like 0300 am): I left to come back.
In other news, Jonathan and I worked on bicycles today. He was "fixing his wheel" on his tricycle. Well he kept bringing tools back, saying they didn't work. First a screwdriver, then a wrench, then the hex key set. I wondered why he was deciding they didn't work. After I was done for the evening, I grabbed his tricycle, and...the front wheel was broken. I need to get a new bolt too put in it from the home depot. Simple enough.
Buddy came over to try out a bike for scouts tomorrow. Jonathan got jealous of the attention I was giving Buddy. After a while, he said "Daddy? Daddy? Daddy?...Buddy? Buddy, will you go bye bye?"
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment