Yay September. I like this month. It's the month I proposed to Clerie. It's the month Jonathan was born. And now it's the month where Clerie's comin' home!
I don't know when she'll be here or what they have planned for her, but I heard that her replacement is there and trained, and that Clerie finished her last vital.
I'm packing, getting ready to move, and I'm trying to get Jonathan ready for the transition. We have a calendar on which I color a picture for each day. Last Sunday was french toast, Thursday was a Mr. Potato Head, etc. Each day I try to draw something that we did together. And we use it to count down to when Mommy comes home. We count each day how many days we have left (our best guess, anyway). It's already changed since we started the calendar (I had to take another piece of paper to make the calendar bigger), and it will probably change again, but that's okay. The idea is to help him understand that Mommy is coming home soon. (It also makes a great way to teach him the days of the week, practice counting, remembering things that happened on previous days and weeks, and to get an introduction to the flow of time, which, it turns out, is quite an abstract concept.)
Jonathan knows that Mommy's coming home, that we'll have his birthday party after, and that we're going to move to Salt Lake. I don't know how much he understands about any of those things, but at least he's expecting the change, so that should make things easier on him.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yay, yay, yay. I'm so happy you're on the home stretch. Stay strong!
Post a Comment