Tuesday, September 29, 2009

She's Home!


Finally, Clerie came home. She arrived on the 11th. KSL.com has some video of the homecoming.
The Greenwoods helped us move, and my dad helped with some last minute car trouble, and everything was set up for Clerie to come home.
Jonathan was very cute at the airport. He was looking for mommy coming down the escalator, and when he finally saw her, he squealed and jumped around and ran to her. He had a "welcome home Mommy" sign, which he held up right in her face when he reached her, "...so she could see."
We all had a good time welcoming her home at the airport. Then we went to Village Inn w/ Clerie's family, before coming home and hitting the sac, quite tired.
The first while, we were so busy with family, but at the same time Clerie was trying to find her feet at home, with family, with me, with Jonathan, and at school, Jonathan was adjusting to the new place, and Daddy was adjusting to figuring out Mommy again. It really all was quite a bit going on. It was a good time, but stressful and tiring, too.
There was a day last week when I came home, and Clerie just wanted to celebrate. She finally felt caught up with the house, with her schedule, and with school. So we had a movie night.
So the first weekend was catch-up and spending time with the Josephsons and visiting Mike's family. The second weekend was more catch up, Jonathan's birthday party, speaking in our old ward in Lehi, and dinner at the Greenwoods. Last weekend we went down to St. George to go see some shows at Tuacahn. I've got some PICTURES of odds and ends over on facebook.
Now that Tuacahn is over, we're settling in to a regular schedule. Yesterday Clerie's friend Danele visited, and just before Danele left, Clerie said "It's only five-o-clock and my husband is already almost home!" The ten-minute bike commute is much nicer than the hour-long bus commute. Plenty of you out there have worse commutes than that (two-hour drivers, my heart goes out to you), but I was tired of it. The change is nice.
It's fun being in student family housing. Plenty of people to talk to. These weeks are seeing us playing catch up with family, so we haven't been around here much, but I'm excited to settle in here.
It's nice to have Clerie home. Very, very nice. I'm still catching up on my sleep, so I'm a tad tired, but much happier. Clerie's been feelin' great now that she's caught up. It's fun for her to get time with Jonathan, and with friends. She's had time to take him outside and get to know neighbors, and just today her old friend Cari dropped by. Cool beans.
Jonathan's been adjusting. "How do you like your new place?" Grandpa Greenwood asked him on the phone a day or two ago.
"I don't like it."
"You don't like it?"
"No, it's sad."
"How do you like having Mommy home?"
"It's...a little bit good."
It's been tough for Jonathan, and for the Greenwoods, not to see much of each other. Jonathan is having a great time with mommy, but the change is still tough for him. He expressed it in the car a couple of weeks ago. "Change is bad," he told me.
But when I come home and he's happy as a clam, and doesn't have to go from Grandma's house back to my place each day, it makes me very happy. I think he'd rather be at the old place with his friends and grandparents, but of course he doesn't have any idea what that would mean for Mommy and Daddy, who are both going to school up here.
The other night, Clerie and I put Jonathan to bed, and we were talking. Jonathan started calling "Mommy. Mommy." Clerie went in to check on him. He told her we were being too loud. He gave her a hug, and whispered in her ear, "I love you." Then he tucked himself back in and went to sleep.

No comments: