well...I have a couple little scientists in my house right now, and sometimes learning about things turns disastrous. Jonathan spends a lot of time in the bathroom these days...unattended. He is quick to inform me and anyone else who tries to come in the bathroom with him that he is potty trained and so we can't come with him. This morning after he went potty...he came out with my straightener...in pieces. Apparently, he was using the edge of the sink and his body weight to open it up all the way...since it only opened up a little to start with. Well, I know he wasn't trying to ruin my nice straightener....it's just that it's not even a year old and I spent more on it than I should have...and I pretty much expected it to last for 5-6 years like my last one. (that's how I justify spending that sort of money on silly things like hair stuff). So I locked myself in my bedroom to cry it out for a minute.
I was just about to come out of my room when I heard a mysterious noise. I quickly opened the door, and there was Addi...sitting in front of what is left of my jar of honey. Now this honey isn't just any honey! This honey is the only honey I like to eat....the honey from the bees up on my grandpa's property years ago. Addi had pulled my jar off the shelves and broke it. So I tossed it all in the trash. There were no tears this time (at least from me), but I gotta tell you, I wish it wasn't snowing outside. My little scientists are on my last nerve!
Like Paul likes to tease me about, "See! this is why we can't have nice things!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so sorry that you had two whammies right in a row. It does get better. Eventually...
Oh, Clerie...I would have cried too. I went almost a whole year using an old curling iron because I couldn't afford to replace mine that broke. My mom finally donated one for the cause. The trouble is that there isn't much for these kids to do inside the apartments. Its so hard!
Post a Comment