Monday, November 15, 2010

I feel so handy!

I've had a little fun fixing and making stuff around the house lately.

  1. I (think I) fixed Clerie's straightener!
  2. I fixed one of Jonathan's favorite toys (shh, it's a surprise). I opened up the little plastic gear box, blasted the gunk out w/ a water pik, blow-dried it out, and applied some 3-in-1.
  3. I finally got Reinhart's 100% Whole Wheat Bread recipe down how I like it. I was wavering between that recipe and King Arthur Flour's "Classic 100% Whole Wheat." KAF's recipe is nice and soft, and is especially good with molasses (very similar to Anadama bread), but Reinhart's recipe does more to develop the flavor of the wheat, where the KAF just kind of covers it up w/ extra sugar. I'm nibbling on a piece of my wheat bread right now...
  4. I made apple pie from scratch! Clerie guided me through making the crust. Thanks Clerie!
  5. I made bike buckets! Commuting is now so much gentler on my posterior.
~ps

1 comment: