Tuesday, June 16, 2009

R n' R

Well she came home, we had a wonderful couple of weeks, and now she's gone again.
Jonathan warmed right up to her. When she arrived, he gave her big hugs, and he just wanted every bit of her attention. He gradually got more comfortable as the days went by, and needed to cling to her less and less.
Jonathan asked her a few times "Mommy, when do you go back to the Army?"
"I miss you all the time," he said. "I miss you so bad."
Last night she said her goodbyes to him as she put him to bed. He was sad. "But...you have to be my mommy," he said. He was sad as he went to bed, and Clerie was pretty sad, too.
Jonathan's been happy again today, though. He talks about Mommy, but he's not sad. He's pretty used to her being gone. I like to talk about her, and we have so many movies of her, etc., so that it's not weird for him for her to be on the computer one day and home the next.
I'm doing fine. I miss my best friend, of course, but we should have about three months, which is much better than before.

No comments: