My boy outsmarted me for a moment. It was time to clean up toys, and Jonathan was interested in stalling. Well, in his toybox was a book called "my quiet book." It's more of a toy than a book, with cloth pages covered in buttons, zippers, etc. on them. He asked if he could "read this book." I told him it wasn't time to play, but that he needed to put it back in the toybox. "But it's a book," he said.
After a moment of being stumped, I came back with "Well okay. We can read it then, but we need to clean up before we can read."
He stood there, holding his book in his hand, wearing this expression that said "Um...that didn't go like I'd planned."
Clerie's doin' good. Trying to get back on schedule after a crazy couple of days.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment