Another weekend has come and gone. I'm feeling more relaxed and settled in to things. I had a crazy weekend last weekend. It was a scouts marathon. Got all caught up.
This weekend I had plenty of time to get some things done, but I had time to take things at Jonathan's relaxed pace, too. He was much happier because of it. I love that cute boy.
My folks came up, and we went to a train show at Thanksgiving point. I'm not sure who was more excited: Jonathan or my dad. It was fun to see the kind of trains that my Dad used to play with. And of all the toys they had their, the one Jonathan wanted was a matchbox truck & trailer.
I haven't heard from Clerie for about 36 hours. =) Feels like a long time to me these days. She had a good week, going to concerts by Lonestar and David Cook. Very cool. She got to enjoy a Sunday off, but I have yet to hear how it went.
She's in good spirits these days. When she has a hard time with something or other, she reminds herself that soon she'll be home, and all these troubles will be in the past. "It's not real life, I remind myself. I had to remind myself of that all during basic and AIT, too." But she's been learning Spanish, and having fun. Enjoying her guitar and her friend Neil. It's good to hear.
It's a tough thing being apart. And it's strange when you're apart, and you realize that you're still happy. You think about each other all the time, and you can't wait to be together again, but it seems like a dream. Really; being together, being able to be all clingy and obnoxious sounds too good to be true. After she comes home for a couple of weeks, memories will probably be fresh again, and more painful I suppose. But it'll be worth it. It was worth crying again to see her in Seattle. I would make the same decision again and again. Gluttin' for punishment, I guess.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment