Saturday, November 1, 2008

Camp Bucca

So Clerie took a Chinook over the border to Camp Bucca, the largest* detainee center in the country. It's near here.
She enjoyed the ride. "I'm getting paid to do this?" she said, "You've got to be kidding me...this is awesome!"
Clerie didn't have much time to write, although she did mention (as I'd told her about a wonderful smell I encountered the other day) that Camp Bucca stinks when the wind blows the wrong way.
She's got the internet, and she's got Sunday off. It's 10:14pm Saturday here, so it's probably 7:14 am there. Oh man, Daylight savings. I wonder if the ARMY observes it. Iraq looks a deal further south, so there's probably no point there. Great. Now my whole Clerie clock is going to need to be readjusted.
Kept Jonathan up late tonight, and I'm going to bed on time. This way I shouldn't be pooped, and - if Jonathan sleeps in a bit later - Jonathan shouldn't be too cranky. He's a pretty flexible kid, I think. But, let's face it. Daylight savings is tough on the little ones.

*As of a while ago it was the largest, according to some page I looked at. How's that for reliable?

No comments: