
This picture shows that there's always something to be happy about. I got an extra piece of gum today! I feel like I've picked a chewy, tasty, cavity-fighting four-leaf clover.
After I wrote in my blog last night, Clerie called. "It's so good to hear your voice," she said. Twice.
She got a bunch more stuff. She left with two duffle bags, and we laughed about how light the army packs. Well they gave her a rucksack "as big as I am," and a whole 'nother duffle bag...How are we going to get all this home? They gave her winter gear. Why? Because everybody gets winter gear. Of course! That's a good reason. Who knows, maybe the next ice age will hit half way through her Iraq deployment...Please don't ever quote me on that. "Yeah, my brother is a climate scientist and he says..." Great.
*Ahem* Back to Clerie. She also started the P90X workout program. A couple of her buddies, including the unstoppable Degroat, have been on it for a while. It's kicking her butt.
I worked out for half an hour this week! Back to Clerie.
It's been a rough couple of days. A couple of friends of Clerie's both lost family members this week, and they aren't able to go home to grieve like you wish they could. I feel so bad for them. I'm glad Clerie's there for them to talk to.
P.S. Sending mail to Ft. Hunter Liggett is discouraged due to pokey mail handling, but if you e-mail Clerie, she'll probably get it soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment